highfield church dashboard widgets
You can now keep up to date with what's going on at Highfield Church and listen to sermons using a couple of dashboard widgets on your Apple Mac computers. Dashboard is home to widgets: mini-applications that let you perform common tasks and provide you with fast access to information.
Highfield Church has two dashboard widgets available:
- news widget — displays the latest news from the Highfield web site and the service programme for the upcoming Sunday
- sermon player — allows you to listen again to the last five sermons/talks from each of services that we record talks for (Compass, Highfield at Eleven and 6.30pm)
Dashboard widgets run on Apple Mac computers running Mac OS 10.4.3 (Tiger) or later only. PC users can still keep up to date with all that's going on at Highfield by using our Latest News RSS feed and the sermon podcasts available from this site.
To install Highfield Church's dashboard widgets on your Apple Mac, please follow the steps below:
- Download the widgets from this site by clicking on one of the following links:
- Unzip the file you have downloaded (normally by double clicking on it). Note: Safari users may find that their browser has completed this step automatically
- Double click on the widget file (highfield church.wdgt or highfield church sermon player.wdgt). Note: Safari users may find that their browser has completed this step automatically
- When prompted if you wish to install the dashboard widget, click Install
Your dashboard widgets should now be available for you to use. More information on how Dashboard widgets work can be found on Apple's web site.
terms and conditions
This license covers the Highfield Church dashboard widgets (henceforth referred to as Software). By downloading this Software, you agree to be bound by the following legal agreement between you, the Recipient, and Highfield Church. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, do not download or use the Software.
Highfield Church grants the Recipient a royalty-free, nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use the Software, upon the terms and conditions set forth below.
The Recipient acknowledges that the Software is a beta tool still in the development stage and that it is being supplied "as is", without any accompanying services or improvements from the Developer(s).
The Recipient may use, and copy the Software. However, the Recipient may not distribute or sell copies of the original Software.
Title and copyright to the Software and any associated documentation shall at all times remain with Highfield Church and/or the Developer(s), and the Recipient agrees to preserve same. The Recipient agrees to place the appropriate copyright notice on any copies.
Highfield Church makes no representations or warranties, express or implied. By way of example, but not limitation, Highfield Church makes no representations or warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose or that the use of the licensed software components or documentation will not infringe any patents, copyrights, trademarks, or other rights. Highfield Church shall not be held liable for any liability nor for any direct, indirect, or consequential damages with respect to any claim by Recipient or any third party on account of or arising from this Agreement of use of the Software.